Wednesday, July 29, 2009

hectic

Well, the summer presses on.
One month left to this bipolar summer.
It has been the best and worst summer I have ever had.

Well, to pick up where I left off before...

We went back out fishing for a couple weeks, it did not produce much abundance, but it was better than sitting around in town. During that time, there were many halibut and king salmon caught. On 4th of July, we had a great firework war and made quite a ruckus. We finally decided to return to town and wait for more fish to come. However, it has been almost two weeks and no signs of more fish. It has left many captains and crews disappointed, but for me I have enjoyed the excessive amounts of town time. I have seen many people I havent seen since I was a young child and time to go on adventures I am usually to busy with fishing for.
Also, having my dirt bike has allowed me to be more mobile with my adventures. Recently, I have gone out to childs glacier, Sheridan glacier, and McKinley lake. There are two cabins near Mckinley lake. One by the road, and another right on the lake. We stayed at the cabin near the road, then the next night we decided to go for the cabin on the lake. Unfortunately, there were people already staying in that cabin. So, being the mountain men that we are, we decided to build our own! My brother found a large log resting about a mathom (5'8) off the ground. Then, laid sticks on it and covered that with moss. Making a lean too type spot. It worked great until the rain came down followed by a typhoon, which stirred up the wind and flushed rain upon us while we tried to sleep. It was quite the night.

In addition to these adventures, I have been learning a lot this summer. I always feel like I learn so much more during the summer then during the winter when I am actually in school. There are a lot of smart people out there, who love to share their knowledge, but so few people seek it out.

Admist all of these amazing adventures and enjoyment, there has been difficulties. Emotionally, this summer has been quite a roller coaster. Usually, I am out on the boat, safe. Aside from cabin fever and loneliness, I am emotionally safe and when I was in town I didnt get out much. This summer however, I have been getting out quite a bit more, which leads to uncertainty and dealing with other people. Those who know me, know that I do not do well around lots of people. I claim to be a sociaphobic, which I hide very well. :)

Alright, well I am finished writing for now. I will try to add on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment